Apr 11, 2014

Sausages with Potato, Kale & Apples

I've recently decided that I need to start branching out a little bit in my cooking. I tend to make the same boring meals over and over. I work for Sobeys (a Canadian grocery store chain) so I thought I'd try out some of the recipes from our website. One of the first recipes I tried was sausages with potato, kale and apples.


This was my first time cooking with (and eating for that matter...) kale. I ring an awful lot of it through at work, and have had numerous customers recommend it to me, but I had never tried it. I can't say I loved it, but I didn't hate it either.

I liked this recipe because it all cooked in one pan. I love that. I just find it easier for both the actual cooking and for cleaning up. I cooked this on my day off, but it was quick enough that it's something that I'd consider cooking it on a work day as well.

The recipe calls for apple cider but I didn't have any and didn't want to shell out the money for a whole bottle when I wasn't sure we'd even like the dish so I just used Graves apple juice. It worked, but I think if I was making it again I'd splurge and use cider. I also opted not to use fresh sage and thyme and just used the dried stuff I had in the cupboard already. Maybe it's because I don't have a lot of experience with fresh herbs, but I don't think it made a huge difference.

Do you cook with fresh herbs? Does it make a difference in a dish? Let me know if you try this recipe!

xo,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment