Apr 13, 2014

A Walk in the Park

I don't get a lot of Saturdays off. Most of the time it's not a big deal. I like having my day off to myself through the week. I can do house cleaning, try new recipes, run errands, or spend the entire day on the couch with a book. Basically, I can do whatever I feel like doing and that's a nice feeling. Sometimes working every Saturday sucks though, especially since J works Monday to Friday. We are both (usually) off on Sundays but it's such a busy day with church and family dinners that we don't get a lot of "us" time. So, when I do get a Saturday off we like to do something.

Now that it's officially spring I got it into my head that I wanted to start taking Daisy and going back to some of our favourite parks for walking and hiking. I was pretty disappointed when I woke up yesterday morning to grey skies and heavy looking clouds. We made ourselves a big breakfast and lounged around on the couch catching up on some TV for the morning but around lunch time noticed that the rain seemed to have stopped. It was still grey, and not exactly warm, but we decided to throw Daisy in the car and head out anyways.

We chose to head out to Sandford Fleming Park even though there are places we like closer. One of our first "dates" was a walk there, it's also where J proposed and where we had our wedding pictures taken. I think maybe we were feeling a bit nostalgic. (It's also one of the first places we took Daisy after we adopted her.) They're in the process of doing some restoration to the park like paving the walkways and replacing the retaining walls, I can't wait to see it when it's finished. Usually when we're there it's packed with people and other dogs but it was pretty quiet today because of the weather. I think I liked it better that way, and I know Daisy did. :-)



Hope that you had a great Saturday, no matter what the weather was like!

xo,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment