May 15, 2014

Throwback Thursday Stories: Before it was our Anniversary

http://www.themomcreative.com/

I thought that I would link up with Jessica from The Mom Creative for #TBTstories today. I love this idea! It's so much more fun to share the story that goes along with your "throw back" picture.


The quality of this picture is terrible, I know. I stole it from Facebook to do this link-up. Somewhere buried in a box I have a physical copy but I couldn't be bothered to go on a hunt for it today.

This picture was taken on July 25th, 2006 at the Kejimkujik Seaside Adjunct and it's one of my favourite pictures of J and I. Partly because it's a nice shot, and the beach looks beautiful, and partly because it reminds me of one of our favourite day trips. It was also one of the first times we balanced my camera on a large rock and tried out the self-timer. :-) And, strangely enough, three years later J and I were married on July 25th.

When J and I were dating we were all about day trips and wandering around our beautiful province. The Adjunct was somewhere I had been as a kid, but hadn't been to in years. It is absolutely breath-taking. I would say it's easily one of the most beautiful locations in Nova Scotia. It's about a 4.5km hike from the parking lot to the beach, and not a super easy hike. I tend to be a bit on the lazy side, but the hike was well worth it to me. We still talk about the amazing time we had that day, and J still makes fun of me for being scared of the porcupine that crossed our path. (I thought for sure he was going to shot his quills at me!)
 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara!

    Great story! I have nominated you for a Liebster Award. Check out the link below for all of the details!

    Emily
    http://www.somethinggoldsomethingblue.com/2014/05/liebster-award.html#.U3Tsh_ldW4g

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so adorable that you are celebrating your pre-anniversary as well as the real deal.

    ReplyDelete