Apr 20, 2014

Ugly Pancakes


Ugliest pancakes EVER.
I'm sure it comes as no surprise, but on Easter Sunday we have a special service at church. We call it a sunrise service, but we always have it at 7am. (Even though the sun rose at about 6:22 today.) Our Pastor (who also happens to be my father-in-law) gives a short, somewhat simple, sermon. After the service we have a big pancake breakfast in the church gym.

The ladies bring all the dry ingredients for their pancakes, then we mix them up and start frying them up. I like to do something a little different from everyone else- I'm the youngest "wife" so I feel like it's my responsibility to be different. ;-) The past two years I've made chocolate pancakes, this year I decided to do chocolate chip pancakes made with greek yogourt.

I used this recipe from the Kitchen Magpie. Karlynn used blueberries instead of chocolate chips, but J requested chocolate chips. (I figure they were still probably a little bit healthier...) I was pretty nervous when I started spooning them on to the griddle, they didn't look like normal pancakes. I used sprinkles on some, but I only had little ones and they didn't seem to be that noticable. In the end the pancakes were a big hit though, and not just with the kids.

I don't think I'll use this recipe again next year though, so if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Happy Easter!

xo,
Sara




No comments:

Post a Comment