Apr 22, 2014

Princess Sydney


I tend to talk about our beagle Daisy a lot more than I talk about my Sydney. I'm not totally sure why that is. I think part of it is that we're able to take Daisy on adventures with us, while poor Sydney stays home. (I think she likes the alone time when we take Daisy out though, at least that's what I tell myself!)

We adopted Sydney from the SPCA in August 2009, shortly after we got home from our honeymoon. I always had cats growing up and one of the first questions I asked when we applied to rent our apartment was whether or not we were allowed to have a cat. (Who am I kidding? It was the only question I asked!)

Sydney was the cutest kitten. I like to joke that we didn't pick her, she picked us. The first time J picked her up out of her cage at the SPCA she started chewing on the buttons on his shirt. I remember the day we went to pick her up after getting the call we had been approved there was a mother there with her two kids. They were both picking out kittens and one of them wanted Sydney. The lady at the SPCA tried to explain gently to the little boy that Sydney already had a home and he'd have to pick out a different kitten. For a split second part of me wondered if maybe I should let the little boy take her home. But then I looked at her and I knew she was coming home with us.

Sydney loves sleeping under the covers, whether it's a blanket on my lap or under the duvet when we're in bed. She's friendly for a cat, and she always comes running to the door when we get home from work. She absolutely loves playing with the laser. (Sometimes she gets running so hard she even starts wheezing.)  She drives us crazy sometimes, she's destroyed the bottom of our box spring and the carpet just outside our bedroom door, but life wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable without her.

Someday maybe I'll tell you about the time I lost Sydney in the apartment... Have a great day!

xo,
Sara

PS: If  I wasn't married I think I'd probably be a crazy cat lady... :-)



1 comment:

  1. She is indeed one of the cutest kitties I have ever seen. I may be a bit partial because of her name, though! ;)

    ReplyDelete