Jan 13, 2016

Snow Day Binge Watching

We got our first real snow fall of the season last night. I think we ended up with about 17cms where I live just outside Halifax. Wednesdays are my day off so thankfully I didn't have to attempt to drive in to work. I hate driving in the snow, I had a couple bad experiences (including a 360 on the highway a couple years ago) and so now I get panicky every time I think about having to drive in the white stuff.

Somebody in my house absolutely loves the snow though. Our beagle, Daisy, gets so excited to run and play in it. She sticks her nose right in the snow trying to smell it and she has this cute little two foot hop she does when she's trying to get through the deeper snow. I'm kind of glad she likes it though, because if she didn't I wouldn't get out to enjoy it either. And it's really not that bad, as long as I don't have to drive anywhere!


If you're stuck inside today other because of snowy weather or just being under the weather (I swear I've had a never ending cold since Christmas) I do have a few TV series recommendations for you. These are shows that we've watched from start to finish and have really enjoyed for one reason or another. Here are three shows I recommend you check out the next time you're looking for something to watch.

1. White Collar



We just finished the final season of White Collar over Christmas and I completely bawled my face off during the series finale. This show is about a con-man turned CI named Neil Caffrey (Matt Bomer) and his partner at the FBI, Peter Burke (Tim Dekay). Neil helps Peter solve white collar crimes in order to keep himself out of prison. The show has a great mix of humour and action and the relationship between Neil and Peter feels very real. The supporting cast are excellent, especially Peter's wife, Elle (Tiffani Theissen) and Neil's partner-in-crime, Mozzie (Willie Garson) being my favourites. White Collar is available for streaming on Netflix.

{ USA Network }

2. Burn Notice



Burn Notice is another USA Network show. (Apparently I really like their programming or something.) It follows the life of burned spy Michael Westen (Jeffrey Donovan) as he tries to find out who was responsible for burning him and why. It's been a while since we watched this show, and we've watched several series since, but it's one that still stands out to me. It was action-packed and kept you guessing until the end. Each show had Michael helping out someone, but also gave us another piece to the puzzle of how and why he was burned. I also bawled my face off during this series finale... (I'm a crier, it's just who I am.) And again, this show has awesome supporting cast, especially Mike's spy buddy, Sam Axe (played by the one and only Bruce Campbell) and Mike's mom, Madeline Westen (Sharon Gless). Burn Notice is not currently available on Netflix, but it was in the past so hopefully it will come back. If not, I'm sure you can find it somewhere else. (Like Amazon.)

{ commonvee @ tumblr }


3. Chuck




Chuck is another series that we watched a while ago, but it's one I continue to recommend to my friends and family. This series is more of a comedy than the other two, but it definitely has it's share of action too. It follows the life of Chuck Bartowski (Zachary Levi), after he downloads a computer program/database into his own head and becomes a CIA asset. Full of lots of cute, awkward moments this is another show that is really made complete by the supporting cast. Chuck's best friend Morgan Grimes (Joshua Gomez) and Adam Baldwin as Major John Casey are two of my favourites. Chuck is currently available on Netflix, and you should definitely watch it.

Hope this helps you out if you're looking for something new to watch. I think I'm going to spend the rest of my snow day binge watching Arrow.

xo,
Sara



No comments:

Post a Comment